Updates lacking descriptions

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Aug 13 05:31:03 UTC 2009

On 08/12/2009 11:54 PM, Ben Boeckel wrote:

> If this is enforced (and it may be good to add it to the
> critical-path suggestion), updates will be reduced since when
> there's little to write about, there's less justification for an
> update in the first place.

Correct, such a step will add a significant bureaucratic burdons to
maintainers.

As maintainers hate bureaucrazy and prefer investing time on dealing
with technical issues (such as bug fixes), this will likely introduce a
further reduction of the quality of Fedora.

Further more, do you realise that any changelog is likely similarly
unreadable to most users?

Ralf

PS.: Stop cross-posting to newsgroups. I consider everybody who does
this to behave rude.