Build fails in koji, but not anywhere else ... how to debug?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sat Aug 15 09:15:28 UTC 2009

> I've been pursuing, with increasing frustration, the seemingly simple
> goal of getting mysql to rebuild in rawhide since the mass rebuild.

> What is frustrating me is that I can't reproduce the problem outside
> koji where I might have a shot at debugging it.

I had a similar experience with OOo. Worked locally, worked in mock,
failed on koji. Turned out that one of the build tools created during
the build used strcpy on overlapping source and destination pointers
which on koji for some reason is far more likely to blow up than
locally. Perhaps due to the different underlying kernels, maybe for some
other reason, either way, perhaps attempting to run the final tests
where it blows up on koji under valgrind locally might be helpful.

C.