Empathy default in F12?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 10:41:32 UTC 2009

>>> My understanding is that Empathy is still planned to be the default.
>>> What specific concerns do you have?
>>
>> Well on fedora 10 it cannot connect to irc. Which makes it pretty
>> unusable.
>
> I use a separate IRC client but IIRC this has been fixed in Rawhide
> already. So before we get into a comparison, it is useful to try out the
> version in Rawhide. Fedora 12 Alpha should be out soon.

Well in the F-12 version when connected to gtalk I can't communicate
with contacts. I can see them but if I start a chat with them they
don't see anything from me. I need to test it further as the person I
was trying to chat to is on a 3rd party jabber server which is
syndicated to google's servers. That is a show stopper for me. The
other thing I need is to be able to do a one off import of all my IM
logs as I reference them regularly, there's a bug that for that though
so there is some movement on it.

Peter