Confusion with openal-soft

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 17 10:59:51 UTC 2009

On 08/17/2009 03:54 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Montag, den 17.08.2009, 15:24 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
>> On 08/17/2009 03:22 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>>

>>> Then you should also know that a buildroot overwrite for the other
>>> branches has been requested as well, so a simple rebuild should fix
>>> everything for those maintainers, who want to switch to openal-soft.
>>
>> The rebuild is *unnecessary*.
>
> It's on the maintainers (but not on you) to decide whether the rebuild
> is unnecessary or not.

The maintainer of openal-soft has already admitted that the obsolete was
incorrect and fixed it in Fedora and Fedora 10 and informed me about it
offlist.  I am a maintainer of a package (tremulous) affected by the
obsolete and I am not supposed to say that it is unnecessary to rebuild?
That doesn't make any sense to me. What exactly are you fighting about
now? The problem is already solved.

Rahul