Add Moblin Desktop group to comps

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Aug 20 18:46:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 13:37 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

> I'm particularly interested in how far we can get the default Fedora
> desktop's boot speed close to that of netbook experience, without
> breaking compatibility with any of the corner cases people expect from
> a general purposes OS like RAID.

Mandriva went with a two-tier system for this: the fast init system
falls back to being slow when it runs into complex cases.

http://blog.crozat.net/2009/02/speedboot-explained.html

I know our boot speed guy has some plans to go in a similar direction
(he was telling me about this while we were preparing the F11 boot speed
test day).

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey