Plan for tomorrow's (20090821) FESCo meeting

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Aug 21 17:17:34 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 18:22 +0200, drago01 wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Adam Williamson<awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 16:51 +0200, drago01 wrote:
> >
> >> Well S3 does, but there driver isn't open either.
> >> But it proves that non nvidia implementations are possible.
> >
> > S3's driver implements VAAPI, not VDPAU. I already have a package review
> > for libva submitted (mentioned it yesterday).
>
> http://drivers.s3graphics.com/en/download/drivers/chrome5x-Linux/RN_Linux_EN.txt
>
> hmm?
>
> I have not tested it due to lack of hardware but it says:
>
> 06/26/2009: Version 14.02.17
> -	Bug Fixes
> -	XRandR support
> -	VDPAU support
> -	KMS Support
>
> SUPPORTED FEATURES
>
> - H/W accelerated 2D (XAA/EXA)
> - H/W accelerated direct-rendering OpenG3.0
> - H/W accelerated H.264/MPEG2/WMV-9/VC-1 video playback.
> - SAMM / Rotation / Xinerama / Compiz
> - XRandR support
> - VDPAU support
> - KMS Support
>

> And there are a lot of VDPAU references in the bug fixed list.

Oh, that's interesting. I guess you're right, then. Sorry - I was going
off references from the VAAPI site, I didn't check with the actual
driver package.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/vaapi lists VIA / S3 Graphics
Accelerated Linux Driver under 'Drivers (back-ends) that implement VA
API'.

Maybe it does both...