popcorn sound with kernel 2.6.29.6

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 19:41:01 UTC 2009

Hello there,

I am experiencing some random popcorn sound while playing mp3 and
while assisting flash based webinars with the kernel-2.6.29.6.

However I am not experiencing this with kernel-2.6.29.5. By random I
mean, I don't get this popcorn sound everytime I play the same mp3 and
at the same timeframe. This popcorn sound seems to attenuate the gain
of the music and at the same time it speeds the play.

Has anyone encountered this issue with kernel-2.6.29.6 or any means to
troubleshoot it ? I was hoping to see this fix in the latest fedora
release but the problem is still there.

regards,
Chitlesh