fedora-pkgdb: make it discoverable on browser home page?

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 12:36:09 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Toshio Kuratomi<a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/23/2009 10:50 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> Aren't we pitching Fedora Community interface as the end user facing
>> thing, going forward? It seems some of these features will overlap or
>> duplicate it.
>>
> It's possible.  The packagedb is going to be the backend for the Fedora
> Community Front end so it had to get written this summer so that work on
> the front-end can proceed.

For the front-end to be end user suitable it should:

* List applications rather than packages
* Group them
* Provide some kind of rating system to show "best rated" or "most downloaded"
* Use the application icon if it has one
* Make use of the packagekit browser plugin for installation

But just letting the user search for random packages should not be the
goal imho.