fedora-pkgdb: make it discoverable on browser home page?

Juan Rodriguez nushio at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 24 17:55:33 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Matthias Clasen<mclasen at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > My initial idea was to make this a 'top 10 apps', ie be selective,
> > instead of trying to be all-inclusive and make the user scroll through
> > dozens of pages with niche apps...
>
> What data would you use to rank apps in a top-10 sense?
>
> -jef
>
> --

Jeff, we could enable some sort of a user rating system (Most common thing
to use is a star).

Popular apps would get more ratings. We could get the top 10 that way, but
I'm not sure what we'd use to prevent people from voting several times for
their favorite apps.

--
Ing. Juan M. Rodriguez Moreno
Desarrollador de Sistemas Abiertos