fedora-pkgdb: make it discoverable on browser home page?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 24 21:04:33 UTC 2009

On 08/25/2009 02:12 AM, Colin Walters wrote:
  My suggestion
> would be that we take the current Smolt screen in firstboot and turn
> it into a generic "join Fedora Feedback" page which turns on things
> like:
>
> * Smolt hardware profile
> * Sending of tracebacks to a crash collation server (for the love of
> all that is holy, not bugzilla)
> * Shell application usage data
> * Other stuff?

fpaste, now a default package in Rawhide has a --sysinfo that collects a
whole load of information that is commonly requested by people trying to
help others in #fedora irc channel. Some of that available as part of a
profile would be useful. Same output at

http://fpaste.org/aU8r/

Rahul