issues with livecd-creator on F-11?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 12:53:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Jeremy Katz<katzj at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 2:49 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is anyone else having issues with livecd-creator? I'm seeing the issue
>> below on a 2 F-11 boxes, and possible a rawhide one as well.
> [snip]
>> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>> '/var/tmp/imgcreate-qZYEPV/install_root/boot/initrd-2.6.31-0.167.rc6.git6.fc12.i686.img'
>
> The move to dracut required some changes in livecd-creator which have
> been in git for a week or so.  Those are in livecd-tools-026 which
> should show up in today's rawhide

As a side note it would actually be nice to give a heads up for these
sort of breakages just like people give heads up for library bumps.
I've wasted a number of hours trying to work out what was working a
couple of days ago suddenly broke on machines without any changes.
Time which I could have easily spent on a the numerous other things on
my todo list.

Peter