How to respin F11-install-dvd with GRUB on ext4?

Joshua C. joshuacov at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 26 23:44:13 UTC 2009

I'm trying to respin the f11.x86_64 install dvd in order to put the
new grub and anaconda packages, so that I can have grub on my ext4
without a separete partition for it. I recompiled
grub-0.97-59.fc11.x86_64 and anaconda-12.0-1.fc11.x86_64 against the
current f11 packages. Everything worked fine. I also recompiled the
corresponding util-linux-ng and other deps.

How can I recreate the install dvd?

I tried using livecd-tools-026-1.fc12 with
/usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora-install-fedora.ks from
spin-kickstarts-0.11.4-1.fc11.noarch.rpm but I couldn't do it. I also
updated all rpm and yum packages. I download the original install dvd
but as far as i know anaconda doesn't allow grub to be on ext4 in it.
Therefore i recompiled the f12 version.

This isn't supposed to be a live-dvd but just an install dvd, so i
think anaconda should create the appropriate kernel und initrd
packages for it. How to procede with this?