Upcoming multi-day outage

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 01:50:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 08:39:39PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 01:54:57AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>>Mike McGrath wrote:
>>> Starting on December 12th The Fedora Project will start to move several
>>> servers, disk trays and related hardware from our current hosting location
>>> to another.  This move is planned to be completed on December 15th and
>>> will ultimately provide better hosting facilities and room for growth.
>>
>>Hmmm, how does this affect F10's EOL? Josh Boyer previously announced that
>>the last day to file F10 updates in Bodhi will be December 14, that's now
>>right within the outage window.
>
>Hm.  Crap, you are correct.  I had been thinking I said it was Dec 11
>for several days now.  I have no idea why, but we might seriously want
>to change the final F10 push date to Dec 11 to accommodate for the
>outage.

I've created https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/282 to track this.
Normally a final push date doesn't require FESCo approval, but given that
this is a change in the date that gives people less time I thought it
might be prudent.

(I'm going to ignore the fact that this is pushing updates to a release
that will be EOL'd 6 days later.)

Transparency and junk and stuff.

josh