Head-up - new firefox in rawhide

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 01:05:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Martin Stransky <stransky at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 11/20/2009 09:21 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>>
>> 2009/11/18 Martin Stransky<stransky at redhat.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> a new firefox (3.6 beta 2) just hit rawhide (a.k.a f13). There are some
>>> changes which affect everyone who builds with xulrunner-devel-unstable
>>> package.
>>>
>>> Mozilla decided to merge all include directories to one (mozbz#398573)
>>> and
>>> stop shipping stable/unstable packages. So all headers/libraries are
>>> merged
>>> to one big xulrunner-devel package (with respective pkgconfig files) and
>>> xulrunner-devel-unstable has been removed.
>>
>> Is this the same with the -python and -python-devel pacakges?
>
> I'm not sure what's going on with python interface but it looks removed from
> 3.6. I'm still investigating it...

Having a quick google around the mozilla.org site I found the
following mercurial repo [1] so it looks like its been split out to a
separate project but I'm not 100% sure. Its used by
hulahop/sugar-browse so it would be useful to add back in some form or
another but I has issues building it but then I know very little about
the mozilla build system.

Cheers,
Peter

[1] http://hg.mozilla.org/pyxpcom