v4l applications

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Sun Dec 6 13:51:51 UTC 2009

On Sunday, 06 December 2009 at 13:40, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <
> dominik at greysector.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, 06 December 2009 at 10:36, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

> > interface).

> > because
> > > >

> > > Sure. There are very few radio applications around, and they are kind of
> > > unmaintained upstream. I made a review request yesterday with a patched
> > > gqradio for working with v4l2.
> > >
> > > gnomeradio just needs best defaults for v4l2 and a script for having
> > sound
> > > using sox, because it never recognized the mixer channels of my card:
> > >
> > > http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/src/gnomeradio-1.8-4.fc12.src.rpm
> > >
> > > kradio4 works fine with v4l2 and fmtools is bkoken.
> >
> > It would've been easier for me if you had just posted a patch for the
> > specfile
> > along with the patch you wanted to apply to the source.
> >
> > Anyway, I had a look at it and I don't like it. You're hardcoding the
> > driver
> > to v4l2. I think it'd be better to simply make the autodetection try v4l2
> > first. Also, is it necessary to change "/dev/radio" to "/dev/radio0"?
> >

> There is no /dev/radio in Fedora 12 any more. Only /dev/radio0.
> But this is up to you, because it can be set using the interface.

OK. I think your change can stay, then.

> > Please try the attached patch and see if it works for you.
> >

> It worked just fine, and it is much better indeed. This way, the default
> can be "any", and it will work with v4l2.
>
> It is also working in Fedora 10 for me.

Great! Thanks for testing. I've applied the patch to rawhide. Feel free
to request ACLs and port the changes to F-12/11 yourself. I might be too
busy to do it anytime soon. Could you forward the patch upstream, too?

One more thing: I added your script to the package, but as %doc. I don't
think we should be installing it in %{_bindir} by default.

Regards,
R.

"Faith manages."