Exception request from FESCo for bundled libaries

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Dec 14 12:27:52 UTC 2009

Le Lun 14 décembre 2009 12:45, Josephine Tannhäuser a écrit :

> of course this is a practicable rule, BUT
> the problem is upstream or the rule itself.
>
> kernels internal zlib is not a lib its a module,
> wordpress internal php-gettext is not a lib, its a php code file.
>
> The trick is to declare that a lib is not a lib and you can close the
> bug as not a bug...
> Easy cake..

This is playing with words. I'm sure that when the guideline was written lib
was intended as "some code in any language that can be shared". What is less
clear is the other shared components which are not code (resource files,
fonts, templates, etc) but there is no doubt at all in my mind on the code
part.

Though your interpretation is one reason we keep refining guidelines to leave
no room for bad packager excuses.

--
Nicolas Mailhot