trouble with signals and skb_rec_datagram()

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 16:54:29 UTC 2009

It's likely that some people have not noticed this message because you
replied to an unrelated thread instead of starting with a new message
entirely. This is best avoided.

On 12/14/2009 02:45 PM, William Reich wrote:

> Hello List...
>
> I am working on trying to port a LINUX kernel
> driver from RedHat AS 4/5 to Fedora 11 & 12.

Is this is a third-party driver that RH doesn't ship in RHEL? I'm going to
assume it is, and respond with that in mind. It would probably be better to
focus on porting it to the upstream kernel, and getting it submitted there.
That helps a great deal to keep you from having to do this again -- when
interfaces like skb_rec_datagram() change, the entire upstream kernel tends
to get fixed along with the change.

[...]
> Does anyone know if the behavior of skb_rec_datagram() has changed
> in the newer kernels ?

Sounds like a question for linux-netdev rather than for fedora-devel.  If
you actually try to get your driver ready for upstream, the linux-netdev are
likely to be quite helpful.

--
        Peter

I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to
change that here and there.
		-- Feynman