packages requiring me to reboot...

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Wed Dec 16 16:18:31 UTC 2009

So again today, I see some updates two of which require a full system
reboot.

nfs-utils and ibus-rawcode. My system seriously needs to be shut down
for those to be properly updated? This is what I don't get. nfs-utils
never got a system reboot before, it doesn't get one on RHEL/Centos
boxes... What requires a reboot here? Again, I don't want the tone of
this email to come off as anger, rude or whatever, mainly I'm wondering
why so many packages require a reboot, why isn't nfs-utils just
restarting any services it has or that depend on it if needed? Is that
not reliable?