packages requiring me to reboot...

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed Dec 16 16:48:19 UTC 2009

On 12/16/2009 11:43 AM, Seth Vidal wrote:
> you're an experienced user? You're comfortable knowing what does and
> what does not require a reboot? Then why are you using PK?
>
> Disable pk and do the updates directly via yum.
>
> Bam - no more requests to reboot.

I get what you're saying, and it's kindof a fair point, but there's also
some utility to having the system automatically, proactively notify you
of updates.

--
        Peter

For some reason it has always seemed to me that the term software
engineering contains some very optimistic assumptions about the
nature of reality.