Fedora update submission page broken for multiple packages

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 14:42:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 01:35:44PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:41:22 -0500, Tom wrote:
>
> > Orcan Ogetbil writes:
> > > If there is a way to file an update (same version and release except
> > > the disttag) to multiple branches, please let me know.
> >
> > Usually it works: just add all the package NVRs to the same update
> > submission.  (That's what the "add another package" button is for.)
>
> For "multiple branches"?  That has never worked for me either.

This used to work.  Once the update is submitted, bodhi breaks it into two
update requests when it saves it.

> "Add another package" is to push multiple packages in a single
> bodhi ticket. That has worked for me.

This works as well.  When bodhi saves this, it saves the set of packages
into a single update request so that they all get puhed together.

I do not know if there's any bugs when these two features are used together
but that doesn't sound like what was attempted here.

> > The case I was complaining about seems to be that adding a new package
> > to an *existing* update request doesn't work.

I don't know if this has worked in the past but given that you can add
multiple builds of a package to multiple branches via the add another package
mechanism, this seems like it should work.

> Not even when "editing" the update request again? That will pull it
> back into "pending", however. And the package to add must not be part
> of a different update request ticket already.

-Toshio