packages requiring me to reboot...

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Dec 17 18:22:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 10:51 -0500, James Antill wrote:

> > The UI isn't very pretty at the moment (it just fails with an update
> > error) but I'll work on something a little bit more user friendly.
>
>  How do you plan on restarting firefox? Or you just planning to kill()
> and get the user to restart?

If we're just talking about Firefox (i.e. not the general case), then it
has its own 'restart Firefox' hook you might be able to access. It's
used, for instance, when you enable or disable an extension. I'm not
sure if you can poke it from an external app easily, though.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey