dist-git proof of concept phase 2 ready for testing

Jarod Wilson jarod at redhat.com
Sun Dec 20 05:07:54 UTC 2009

On 12/19/09 11:04 AM, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> On 12/19/2009 12:31 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> Phase two, write access with ACLs, is ready for testing.  Please not
>> that URLs have changed since my original announcement.
>>
>> git clone ssh://[fedoraaccount@]pkgs.fedoraproject.org/<package>
>>
>> will get you a cone via ssh, in which you can git pull and git push.
>>
>> The repos are the same from phase1, although I've done a few commits
>> here and there to test things.  They are not tied to the CVS repos, so
>> changes you make here are truly throw away.
>>
>> Please test cloning and writing to packages and branches of packages
>> that you would normally have write access to, or normally would /not/
>> have write access to.  I'm interested in seeing both of those cases
>> tried.
>>
>> Thanks again for your help in this project!
>>

> Checked that I can checkout yumex and commit at change to yumex.spec to
> master and F-12 branch.
>
> Checked hat I can checkout kernel (F-10 and master) and i get a
>
> W access for kernel DENIED to timlau
>
> If i try to commit some changes to the kernel.spec
>
> So it look like it work as expected.

Already talked with Jesse about it on irc, but for the benefit of the
list, I was able to pull, commit and push changes to the kernel just
fine, and was properly denied push on firefox.

And man, just 'git diff' performance vs. 'cvs diff' performance almost
on its own makes going forward with this change worth it, let alone all
the other reasons its so much better... :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at redhat.com