dist-git proof of concept phase 2 ready for testing

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Dec 23 20:21:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 19:28 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> The whole problem is that such branches do not exist at all in the new git
> setup!
>
> > If you get eaten by raptors, you can't expect another maintainer to come
> > in after you and have to dig around for a private branch to update a
> > build.
>
> That's why we need non-private branches (more than one per release), as
> allowed by our current CVS setup.

Perhaps we have a terminology clash.

The dist-git proof of concept allows branches to be created by
maintainers, and pushed to the central repo, so long as the branch name
starts with "private-".  These repos can be written to by anybody with
file system write access, that is anybody in the 'packager' group.

At this time, I am not planning to allow official tagged builds to come
from these branches, instead they can only come from origin/master or
origin/F-??

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!