Mono.Cecil & monodevelop-debugger-mdb

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Dec 25 15:55:57 UTC 2009

Paul wrote:
> Given this, should we change the approach we currently have for using
> the system wide Mono.Cecil and allow the likes of MD to ship with it's
> own version of Mono.Cecil?

No, we should patch the broken packages to work with the current Mono.Cecil.
And upstream deserves a beating for this attitude. :-/ Why am I not
surprised this is coming from the M$-loving Mono community?

In any case, if you do think an exception should be granted, this will have
to go through FESCo. But I doubt we will approve it, at least not if you
don't provide evidence that somebody competent in C# tried to patch
MonoDebugger to work with the new Mono.Cecil and failed due to some
unsurmountable obstacle. If none of you Mono SIG folks is fluent in C#, then
that's a problem that needs solving first of all.

        Kevin Kofler