FEL's commitment lineup

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Feb 1 19:28:21 UTC 2009

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> How does a general question like that apply to this specific situation?
> To me, it's clear that Chitlesh would like to see what is Free to be
> available in Fedora, to encourage further development of what is not
> Free yet.

But there are other people in the field who believe this is
counterproductive, see for example the reply from the Toped author:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-electronic-lab-list/2009-January/msg00016.html

>> Promoting proprietary software which happens to run on Fedora is not what
>> Fedora is about.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash

That wiki page is hardly "what Fedora is about" and in fact I believe it is
counterproductive. We should instead point people to Gnash and/or Swfdec.
Or just not recommend consuming Flash content at all, just like we do for
DVDs and MP3s.

        Kevin Kofler