Moblin 2 and Fedora

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 16:25:37 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Arjan van de Ven <arjan at infradead.org> wrote:
> But frankly, if I look at where things are today in Moblin and where
> they are going; the packages we borrowed from Fedora tend to be those
> where we don't do much if any changes.
> If there's something specific that the Fedora project wants to get from
> Moblin we should discuss that, but lets be specific there rather than
> having a discussion on the blanket hand-wavey level...

Hmm, is there a good way to generate a list of changes between moblin
and Fedora packages that would help us identify some specific things
we could get back?  Is this a matter of cataloging the Moblin specific
patch files in the Moblin srpms?

The other question is, does the way Moblin "borrow" packages from
Fedora fall under the newish Fedora Remix trademark guidance?  And if
so would Intel be willing to advertise (in some fashion) Moblin as a
Fedora remix?

-jef