RFC: Disabling blinking cursor by default

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 04:25:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Andy Gospodarek <gospo at redhat.com> wrote:
> And your implied claim that it's a majority is nothing more than
> anecdotal as well.  In fact, I would even say the verification of your
> wattage-savings is a bit of a guess based on the description I've seen
> of your testing.

Are you proposing a better methodology? His power saving calculation
methodology is the only thing in this thread which can be tested and
verified by everyone. I haven't seen anyone other than him go through
the trouble of doing their own power consumption testings and coming
back with different numbers.  In the absence of a better methodology,
there isn't a basis to discount his numbers. Would it make you feel
any better if I did the exact same test with a different brand of
meter on my desktop system?

-jef