DVD (video) and Fedora

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Feb 5 16:44:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 12:42:06 +0100,
  Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com> wrote:
> Will push people to generate this type of content but not big media companies
> - they will never use <video> tag. Why? Flash is great for interactive
> advertisement - today biggest media company (and theirs e-newspaper Idnes)
> switched to Flash and one reason was - it's better for our clients - we can
> embed all types of advertisement to this content. But on the other side - this
It's also great for avoiding crappy ads. I occasionally use a web browser
with it enabled while at a friends house and it's a good thing I'm not prone
to epileptic seizures as I have never seen so much blinking crap anywhere
else.

Hopefully firefox will have a way to disable off site video references
so that crappy ads will continue to be easily avoided.