Fedora Project, give me 20 Million Euros or Free EDA software

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Feb 5 18:54:50 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 05 février 2009 à 08:16 -0900, Jeff Spaleta a écrit :
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 4:15 AM, Nicolas Mailhot
> <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> > This is of course not specific to fonts, or content, we have lots of
> > packaged stuff you can only really understand by browsing the upstream
> > web site.
>
> Though its an interesting question. As we lower the bar further with
> regard to the ease of use of package management as envisioned with
> PackageKit, are we going to end up incorporating a preview thumbnail
> for packages into optional metadata somehow when searching or browsing
> for packages to install? Such a preview thumbnail would be used by
> font packages to snapshot the style of the font.

The RFE for font preview and screenshot integration in PK already
exists.

However, to think we'll ever have a system where you can discover and
understand what Fedora packages do without looking at upstream web sites
is IMHO illusory. PK can at best show enough info to users to remind
them what something they already knew of does.

--
Nicolas Mailhot