rawhide report: 20090206 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 16:26:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 10:51 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri,  6 Feb 2009 09:08:20 +0000 (UTC), Rawhide wrote:
>
> > fontpackages-1.18-1.fc11
> > ------------------------
> > * Sat Jan 31 17:00:00 2009 Nicolas Mailhot  nim at fedoraproject dot org
> > - 1.17-1
> > ⁇ Tweak and complete documentation
> > ☤ Merge the autoprovides stuff and try to make it actually work
> >
> > * Thu Feb  5 17:00:00 2009 Nicolas Mailhot  nim at fedoraproject dot org
> > - 1.18-1
> > ✓ Panu wants autoprovides in rpm proper, drop it
> > ✓ Guidelines people are ok with multiple ownership of directories, make the
> >   fonts macro auto-own the directory font files are put into
>
> If I didn't knew that you're (ab)using the changelogs as your personal
> playground, as a user I would assume that characters in this package have
> been corrupted somehow - or that something else is wrong. The '✓' is quite
> harmless and rather obvious, but the '⁇' is displayed as a strange "??",
> and I don't even want to guess what kind of bug the '☤' is supposed to
> look like. Such characters only decrease readability.

Nicolas, do we really have to go to such lengths as to add even more
heavy regulations on what one can do with package changelogs, or can you
take the... gentle... hint that many of us have been trying to give you?
Please use the same generally accepted format of "-" to start off your
changelog lines.  Every other maintainer seems to have figured it out,
please follow suite.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!