Fedora EOL Security Updates

Scott Williams vwfoxguru at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 23:59:31 UTC 2009

Good evening list,

I run the #Fedora-EOL channel and would like to get a group together
to work on backporting only security patches to EOL versions.  It will
be based on Production 3 of the Red Hat Enterprise life cycle
(http://www.redhat.com/security/updates/errata/).  To summarize it,
only security patches with no intent to update functionality or add
hardware support for older versions.  Updates would likely come in
light monthly spurts, similar to EPEL's release cycle.

I know this has been talked about in length here about whether or not
this should be done, but I'm interested in organizing community
members who are interested to start working on this.

We would need two things to get started:

#1  Hosting.  I have time but not money.  We would need to have a
common place to collaborate on work and a place for repos.

#2  Contributors.  Anyone who is interested in helping, even if they
don't have much time to spare.

I'm usually around in #Fedora-EOL.  If I'm idling, feel free to leave
me a message, and I'll get back in contact with you as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Scott (vwbusguy)