Validity of the CD size limit nowadays [Re: Features/ArchitectureSupport - changing what we build for]

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Feb 7 14:12:00 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 19:34:20 +0530,
  Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Copy the installer into the USB device and install it when you need to.
> There are other similar choices even if you don't have administrative
> access.

Really? It sounds like a security issue if you can install drivers for
mounting file systems without admin rights.

> Similar to not being able
>> to be able to count on being able to boot off a usb device and have it mount
>> the Windows system's file systems.
>
> IIRC, ntfs-3g is installed by default.

I wasn't refering to a driver issue, but having the bios not be able to
boot from usb devices eitehr because they are old computers or because the
bios is locked down. (At work a lot of machines get locked down because
they are physically accessible to the public, attached to our network
and we don't want people to boot their own OS on them and cause problems.)