Fedora tested in c't: grub missing feature

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 20:11:17 UTC 2009

I'm not sure I understand what "the problem" here is from that bug report...

"OpenSUSE and Ubuntu can't boot Fedora with GRUB correctly [since
Fedora keeps hard-paths to each new kernel upgrade (which change)]."
Therefore
"Fedora can't boot Fedora correctly?"

Don't get me wrong, I think they should definitely fix it (the
kernel-update-path problem), but the kernel-update-path problem is
causing difficulties for other distributions who install over Fedora,
not for Fedora installing over someone else.  It's a separate problem.

Unless all distributions do the tons-of-different-kernel-updates in
GRUB thing.  I thought Fedora was the only one that did that.