Fedora tested in c't: grub missing feature

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 22:01:03 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet at amorsen.dk> wrote:
> Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> In fact this is an unsolvable situation. Any time the linux operating
>> systems are not sharing a common grub config, operates which modify
>> the grub config while booted into a linux system...
>
> How difficult is it to install Suse, Ubuntu, and Fedora with one
> shared /boot partition? Would that be a possible solution in the future?

Considering that Ubuntu and Suse have chosen not to reuse an existing
/boot from Fedora... but have instead chosen to cull grub entries...
that tells me that this line of reasoning is absolutely a non-starter
for discussion.  Whatever rationale they used to cull grub entries
instead of sharing /boot... still exists and you are going to have one
hell of a time convincing them otherwise.

-jef