rpms/xorg-x11-drv-synaptics/F-10 xorg-x11-drv-synaptics.spec, 1.10, 1.11

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Feb 8 23:59:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:52:59AM +1000, Caius kaio Chance wrote:
> Todd Zullinger wrote:
> > Personally, I've had customizations for my synaptics touchpad in
> > /etc/hal/fdi/policy/11-synaptics.fdi through numerous updates.
>
> I have my touchpad (probably synaptics) built-in with cherry keyboard
> G80-11900. However, it doesn't have 'scroll edge' working. Would you
> know if there are any hacks I could make for that?

F10 or rawhide?
Depending on your hardware, the rawhide version of synaptics may have enabled
two-finger scrolling instead of edge scrolling. If you don't want that, you
need to enable it explicitly through
Option "VertEdgeScroll" "on"

F10 should have edge scrolling enabled by default.
However, some touchpads are lying and claim that the right edge is far bigger
than the hw actually gives us. This leaves the scroll edge outside of the
reachable area.  You have to manually set
Option "RightEdge" "value"

Cheers,
  Peter