Fedora 11 Alpha Media Test Defaults

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 9 10:07:57 UTC 2009

> Also I do a lot of installs on virtual boxes, can we have the option to not
> eject the media?  Or be asked it we want to eject the media?
>
> I hate the fact that I have to reboot the box because it ejects the media
> and that seems to be the only way to find it again.

That's been bugging me too. What I found is that if you insert the DVD
after ejection, then click OK, you will get a second error. This time,
insert again the DVD, then wait a bit before clicking OK. Now, the
media is correctly found and you can proceed with the installation.

It would be great indeed if the user was asked if he wants to eject
the media to test the other ones instead...

Regards,

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador