We are different: kernel changelog

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 18:33:58 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 01:27:10PM -0500, Christopher Aillon wrote:
 > On 02/09/2009 01:12 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
 > > On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:50:15AM -0500, Jarod Wilson wrote:
 > >
 > >  > For rawhide, its a bit messy and most folks don't want to waste time
 > >  > from working on code to figure out how to determine the EVR of the hour
 > >  > (granted, yes, 'make verrel' and add one to the appropriate place is all
 > >  > it is...). A fair number of rawhide updates are done in a scripted
 > >  > fashion, guess we could add logic to the script to include an EVR.
 > >
 > > If bumpspecfile.py had smarts to insert the version number, it'd be great.
 > > As all the rebases, and some of the other changes are scripted already anyway.
 >
 > It does.  Though not sure how it will handle the foo that happens with
 > kernel versioning.

It does the right thing by trying to evaluate it, and putting what it thinks
the result is in the right place, but unfortunatly, it also bumps Release:
(Even if Release: isn't a number, but a macro)
which screws things up horribly, resulting in versions like 2.6.29-0.100.rc4.git1.1

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk