getting kernel bug fix into a fedora kernel

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 21:45:47 UTC 2009

Mark Salter wrote:
> Back in October, I reported a kernel bug against rawhide: BZ#467457. I
> submitted a one-line patch which was accepted upstream in November. Here
> it is 3 months later and I still can't install F10 on this hw because
> that fix is not in F10. So what is the process for getting a kernel bug
> fix into fedora?
>
> --Mark

well, looks like it went into 2.6.28 but unfortunately (for you,
anyway!) that kernel got skipped in F10.

The bug got closed as "it's upstream now" and usually upstream hits
fedora pretty quickly, but in this case, it didn't.

Having the bug assigned to Alan shortly before he left Red Hat probably
poked another hole in the process...

Hopefully 2.6.29 will hit F10 soon, or you could reopen the bug with a
"hey can we please get this into .27?"

-Eric