Cannot revoke sudo privileges

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 09:36:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 1:23 AM, Casey Dahlin <cdahlin at redhat.com> wrote:

> Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I removed two users from group wheel in F10,
>> but they still have super user privileges, via sudo.
>>
>> I have even rebooted the box.
>>
>> --
>> Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
>> LCG - UFRJ
>>
> This is a development list. It isn't the venue for these sorts of
> questions. Try fedora-list.
>
> Since you're here though...
>
> the wheel group has nothing to do with sudo access (necessarily). Check
> /etc/sudoers to see how your policy is configured.

Sorry, I posted to the wrong list. My intention was to post to the user
list,
but gmail auto completed the address, and I did not pay attention.

I fixed my problem, but I do not know why the first rule just gives an
unrestricted
access (all vboxusers can run any command as root),
while the second one works the way I wanted. They look the same to me:

------

%vboxusers ALL=/home/roma/bin/brup2.sh, /home/roma/bin/brdown.sh, NOPASSWD:
ALL

------

## Allows members of the vboxusers group to set some network parameters
Cmnd_Alias   VBOXCMD =  /home/roma/bin/brup2.sh, /home/roma/bin/brdown.sh
Runas_Alias  VBOXCMD = root
%vboxusers ALL=NOPASSWD: VBOXCMD

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti