Heads up: unixODBC rebase and ABI bump

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Mon Feb 16 21:49:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'd like to push unixODBC 2.2.14 into rawhide before we hit beta.
> This is not a trivial proposition because upstream has made some
> intentional ABI changes, specifically adjusting the widths of some
> integer datatypes so that they match the clarified ODBC specification
> on 64-bit platforms.  This'll require at least a rebuild of dependent
> packages, and possibly small source code adjustments if they were sloppy
> about declaring the types of variables passed to ODBC functions.

Release engineering is planning on doing a mass rebuild starting next
week, so it might be a good idea to get the new code in before then.
That way rebuilds will be automatically taken care of.

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"