[RFC] disable OSS sound support

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 17 15:51:50 UTC 2009

Jon Masters wrote:
> But, you know, it's their choice to write proprietary software using
> ABIs that were promised to them to be stable at the time.

GNU/Linux ABIs are not stable forever nor should they be. We don't and
shouldn't design for proprietary software. If they choose to write
proprietary software, it's their responsibility to keep things up to date.
If they fail to do so, e.g. because they go bankrupt, too bad for them. As
for the users, they get what they deserve for choosing proprietary
software, this sort of risks is simply part of the deal with proprietary
software.

        Kevin Kofler