cron.hourly/daily/weekly/etc. in rawhide

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Tue Feb 17 23:26:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 10:00 +0100, Marcela Maslanova wrote:

> The cron daemon is running every hour anacron, which checks whether run
> cron.{daily,weekly,...} now or not. The setting is stored in
> /etc/anacrontab where is also possible create random delay. The jobs
> should be executed as before for usual user on desktop.
>
> I know on servers people often don't use anacron at all because they
> want to run daily jobs in some time range. This could be now also set in
> anacrontab. This is discussed here #481775.

Ok, I knew and understood anacron is for running cron jobs that missed
their scheduling for various reasons?  I only asked about anacrontab
because that is the only setting config file I could find that was close
enough to configuring crontab.

Soooo, I guess what I am trying to ask, is if I want my cron.daily to
run at 3:25 every morning, what/where is the file that I set that for?
Because currently my cron.daily (after a fresh install from few days
ago) runs at 4:xxam and I don't know what is making it run at that time
very morning like it used to be.

--
Mike Chambers
Fedora Project - Bug Zapper, Tester, User, etc..
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org