Package review request: OpenBSD calendar(1) command

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Feb 18 14:08:34 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) <bochecha at fedoraproject.org> said:
> >> If name clashing is a real problem
> >> then the upstream project should decide how/what to rename it too.
> >
> > Of course upstream should decide and the review requester is supposed to
> > bring this problem up there.
>
> This looks to me like the "sendmail" command. Isn't it a rather
> generic name for a command ?
>
> But it can be provided by several packages, and we use the
> alternatives system for that.
>
> Couldn't we do the same for calendar ?

Is this "calendar" the same as:

   calendar - Writes reminder messages to standard output

If so, that is the program name, and it should stay.  I've got it on
Tru64 Unix (which is BSD derived from many years ago) as a standard part
of the OS.

Is somebody next going to say "ed" has to be renamed because there are
other editors?
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>