perl provides and requires from the same package

Stepan Kasal skasal at redhat.com
Wed Feb 18 17:40:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 06:21:00PM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Agreed, IMO, "self-provided requires" should go, everything else should
> stay.
>
> Unfortunately, rpm's filtering doesn't do so and manually adding filters
> is more error-prone than it helps.

... and doing this in the filters would basically means running the
provides generator twice, which seems silly.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 05:40:57PM +0100, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> I'm not going to report it, since I'm still unsure what should be
> correct way.

#486161

Not only that I'm more cheeky, it also seems like a good idea to have
that in the bugzilla, with the right explanation for NOTABUG or WONTFIX.
(Unless I get a DUPLICATE. :-( )

Have a nice day,
	Stepan