add a special Provides: to all login manager packages

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 18 22:53:39 UTC 2009

> On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 17:37 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> >
> > Bottom line is that while it's certainly within anyone's rights to add
> > their new login manager, it's also within the rights of the people
> > working on the desktop to close any bugs filed by people using
> > something else WONTFIX.
>
> I think its fair for the project to define what it takes to be a
> supported login manager, and if your login manager doesn't meet those
> requirements, then the issues don't get looked at, etc...

"Supported" We don't provide support anyway.

But let's be clear - if there are freedesktop.org specs on what a login
manager must provide. And we have a new lm that meets those specs. We
should not be telling people we won't work on bugs with that new lm.

nor should we be trying to keep that lm out of fedora, i think.

-sv