Latest kernels and sound still not working in F10

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 22:40:56 UTC 2009

I am wondering if something is being done for the alsa problem and lack
of sound with newer F10 kernels.

I keep upgrading kernels as soon as they come out but I still have to
revert to 2.6.27.7-134 each time or I get no sound from the sound card
on my desktop (Creative Labs SB Audigy).

At some point in one of the kernels (170.2.5 ?) I saw some changelog
about fixing this problem but it seem like it doesn't work at least for
me.

Is there any work being done to fix it ?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York