x86_32 yum $basearch

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Feb 20 21:46:09 UTC 2009

On Friday 20 February 2009 12:57:38 pm Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:14:45AM -0500, seth vidal wrote:

> >> Ugh.
> >
> >I understand it is not the most attractive solution - but it felt like
> >the best choice considering that it looks like we'll drop i586 entirely
> >with F12. At least this way the i586 dir will vanish for F12 and there
> >won't be any accidental upgrades.
>
> I was Ughing at my complete lack of comprehension on what you were talking
> about.  Not about your suggestion :).
>
> As for i586 going away for F12, it may or it may not.  Doing this two
> releases in a row still doesn't strike me as a great idea.  At the very
> least it will need to be revisited by the FESCo that is in place for the
> F12 cycle.
Considering we already agreed to do it i thin we should assume we are unless
we have reason not to.  this time all we have done is make the rpms reflect
what has been the case for awhile.  Anyone who wants to continue i586 support
post F11 i look forward to talking to about setting up i586 as a secondary
arch.

Dennis