Any solution to the mock / gcc -m32 bug yet?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Feb 21 18:14:54 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 08:54:58AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> If your package was built in x86_64 but with access to the 32bit
> content, what is the resulting rpm, is it x86_64, or ix86?  If it's

It contains ix86 code, so that would be better.

At the moment my mock build makes a .x86_64.rpm file:

http://homes.merjis.com/~rich/mingw/fedora-rawhide/x86_64/RPMS/darwinx-odcctools-590.36-0.20060413.6.fc11.x86_64.rpm

> ix86, the "best" thing would likely to exclusivearch it to ix86, and
> file a ticket for a multilib hardcoding so that it'll be copied into the
> x86_64 repo, like wine is.  I also hate these hacks, as I'd rather see
> effort put into making the code work, if the software itself is
> generally useful.  If its not generally useful, then does it really
> belong in Fedora, let alone hacked around to force it to be multilib ?

Well, generally useful code may still have a strange internal
implementation ...  Look at emacs ...

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)