Status of gconf -> dconf

Pierre-Yves pingou at pingoured.fr
Tue Feb 24 15:37:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 16:28 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> > I thik the suggestion was to split config files in multiple small
> > files and use ACLs to control access to them.
>
> IIRC Ted T'so explicitely said in its ext4 FOSDEM presentation this
> kind of usage pattern was insanity and ext4 would not really support
> it.

I remember the same, the issue was that ext4 will not write the file to
the disc as often as the ext3 format used to be. It therefore increase
the risc of lose of data between the action of the user/apps and the
actual data being written to the disc (that's if I understood it
correctly).

Regards,

Pierre