Status of gconf -> dconf

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 24 17:44:29 UTC 2009

Bastien Nocera wrote:
> As for propagating new defaults, or mandatory options (like GConf is
> able to do), I don't see how a one-file-per-option would solve that
> problem.

All you need there is a config file search path, e.g.:
[kevin at localhost ~]$ kde4-config --path config
/home/kevin/.kde/share/config/:/etc/kde/:/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/:/usr/share/config/

Mandatory settings could be implemented by either:
* prepending something like /etc/mandatory to the search path or
* having a way for the later entries in the path to contain forced settings.
(AFAIK, the latter is how KDE's kiosk support works.)

        Kevin Kofler